Monday 2 September 2013

Singing in the rain...



The heavy rains have started right on cue and I do mean heavy.  Deluge on Saturday night resulting in loss of electricity and water in house and now, on Monday, another deluge and this is just the start of it.

This morning's rain outside my office
I can see how the rains change the pattern of daily life as people just stop and wait until the rain has cleared. The next few months are going to be challenging but I know the conditions for many here get very tough so I feel blessed to be living in a good house free (I hope) from a leaking roof.

I realise how varied my weeks are becoming and how I’m amused (most of the time) with things I see walking around, the people I meet and the things that happen during the course of my day. Rather than ramble on, I thought I’d post a few photos to show what I mean - some of these have appeared on my Facebook page so apologies if you see them twice.  What I write and show on this blog isn’t to make fun of anyone or anything but just to show, at times, the lighter side of life here.

'Preacher Man is back on the road'

 With The Bishop in another rural church festooned with toilet paper!

Mamas & Papas launch their latest pram in Rwanda
Walking to work the other morning I came across these kids being pushed along in a wheelbarrow,

Spot the rogue Chinese man

On Saturday a local choir came to the guesthouse to take photos and record a video.  Look closely and you can see a Chinese man, staying at the guesthouse, got himself into the picture.

Bad hair day!

It always amazes me what they carry on their heads.

Dancing Bishop

First time I’ve seen a dancing Bishop. Wonderful service at another rural church yesterday. 


New logo

This week I’ve been appointed  General Manager of the guesthouse.  First job was to authorise the purchase of 3 toilet seats.  On a more business like note, have also had a lovely new logo designed by a designer friend of mine in the UK and representing the start of good things to come for the guesthouse including a lot more guests!

Robbie
On a sadder note, I heard on Sunday night that my daughter’s dog, Robbie, a lovely West Highland Terrier suddenly collapsed and died at the weekend.  He was 13 and such a lovely dog who I looked after on many occasions ever since he was a puppy and who always made a fuss of me when I visited Jenny in London. I know we muzungus get very attached to our pets that live with us through the happy and sad times of our lives but remain faithful and constant companions.



No comments:

Post a Comment